Fertilization and Annual Tree service in Boise, Idaho
THE TRUTH ABOUT TREES
1. Most trees do not have a taproot; they tend to be more shallow-rooted than you might think.
2. Trees don't need to be topped for fear they will get too big.
3. Cutting branches flush with the trunk hurts trees
6 EASY WAYS TO BEST LOOKING TREES IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
1. Plant the right tree in the right place. Dogwoods don't belong in full sun, Douglas-fir shouldn't be planted under the power lines.
2. Water and mulch newly planted trees. Mulch with a ring of wood chips extending out 2 feet from the base of the tree.
3. Protect trees from mowers, weed eaters, and other equipment. Avoid growing grass right up to the base of the tree.
4. The soil should be firm around the trunk, but don't pack the soil tightly when planting. Mulch around the tree to avoid soil compaction and root suffocation. Leave roots alone.
5. Prune according to accepted methods. Hire Boise Valley Tree Trimming when the job is too big.
6. If you think a tree needs to be topped, you might be better off cutting the tree down and planting a smaller variety.
Insect and Disease Prevention
Boise's tree landscape is amazingly diverse. Each species of tree has is susceptible to different diseases and insects. Watch for any changes in the appearance of your tree, particularly the bark. Make sure all trimming and pruning is done correctly to ensure that the tree heals properly. There are so many things to look for, an annual inspection by an arborist can give you peace of mind and ensure your trees continue to thrive.
Trees are an important part of your landscape and are expensive to replace. With the proper care, a tree will last for generations.
Boise Valley Tree Trimming
Boise, ID 83705
Referring to: Knappco Tree Service